Information Sheet (click here)
Tails Day School
is ideal for families who want a well
trained companion but have time limitations or physical limitations that makes it difficult to teach their pets
themselves. It is also ideal for
families who are currently participating in training classes but would like
occasional additional help with their pet. Day School is also a good fit for pets that have completed classes but
occasionally need a review or help with a specific challenge.
School will teach your pet a core curriculum including polite greetings,
reliable recall and stays, attention during distractions, impulse control,
polite walking on leash and off leash connection. We
will also address resource guarding,
reactivity, fear concerns and much more. You have the choice of a
general program or we can tailor make your program to address you and
your pet's specific needs.
The Day School is currently offered on Tuesday through Saturday, with limited spaces.
Day School breakdown is as follows:
*If other hours are necessary, please call the office to discuss what options are available. There is some flexibility.
The cost for Day School is $110 per day*
Contact the Tails office at 860-646-5033 to sign your puppy or dog for Tails Day School Program today!
* If an adjustment is made to the hours, fee may change to reflect that. If treats are not provided by owner, there may be an additional $5 fee added at drop-off.
If already signed up for Day School, please bring:
- Collar (flat or martingale - no e-collars, chokes, or prongs)
- Leash (4' to 6' - no chain or retractable, flexi-lead, etc)
- At least one favorite toy
- At least 2+ cups of treats - preferably something soft and chewy. Below is an example of what to bring, and size of the treats. The items below are chicken, pork, steak, PetFresh sausage snacks, and meatballs.
- Lunch (optional)
- Feed your dog only 1/2 breakfast if a very food motivated dog. If your dog doesn't necessarily like food or is selective, skip breakfast prior to drop-off.
More Information (Click Here)